Want to tell your story on www.pgcps.org? Follow the steps below to submit a story for publication.
- Stories must be submitted by a PGCPS staff member.
- Stories must be original (text written by you).
- Stories must not contain copyrighted text or images.
- Children depicted in photos must have a publicity release form on file at the school
- The PGCPS Communications office reserves the right to edit or choose not to publish a story
- Stories submitted and approved for publication may not appear on the front page of PGCPS.org, but may appear on other pages and/or publications.
How to Submit a Story:
- Login here
- Use your PGCPS login and password.
- After logging in, this page will refresh.
- You should now see a small gray dot - below 'select "Submit Story" ' at the top left of the gray box.
- Roll over the small gray dot. A dropdown menu will appear.
- Select "Submit Story"
- A pop-up window will appear.
- Type in a title for your story. As well as a Main Title (they can be the same)
- Select the "Type"
- Type in the contact person and phone number
- Select a Publication date
- To upload a photo, click the photo icon.
- A pop-up window will appear. Click the add library icon (file cabinet with a small plus sign)
- Type in a title for your image
- Click the browse button to locate your image in your computer
- Click the add library icon again (red, yellow, blue book with a plus sign). You will now go back to your form.
- Fill in a short summary of your story (one or two sentences)
- In the main content section of the form, copy and paste from word, an email ,etc. or type in your story. Include related links in this section by typing or copying and pasting them in from another browser window.
- When you are completely finished with the form, click the top left icon - submit for approval. This will submit your story for publication. If you wish to come back to complete the form later, select the second from the left icon "Check-in"
- Allow at least 3 business days to receive notification of approval/denial of your submission.
If you have questions or need assistance, please email email@example.com or call the Office of Communications at 301-952-6001.